Thursday, November 17, 2016

Looking for the winner....

What amazing comments you all left on the Hope's journey post!  I love reading and re reading the comments.  What a hard decision to select a winner!  But I'm concerned that so many of you comment using a do not reply address.  When this happens, I can't find you!  That is why I ask you to follow me...

So who is the lucky winner???  


Edie!  Please email me your address.

Edie commented with her motto...."one stitch at a time", a perfect analogy for taking things as they come.  My motto, or at least one of my favorite sayings, is "The longest journey begins with one step".  Lao-Tse 
Without the first stitch or the first step, we cannot go forward. and HOPE is that incentive to go forward. We can't finish that quilt, nor can we reach our destination.

Quiltbirdie tried to leave a comment and got a message that basically my email address was no good.  Then she emailed me, LOL which I received...go figure!!!  Anyway, I discovered the moderation page and pushed the publish button, and her comment never showed up!  Very irritating...either Blogger has a mind of its own or there is something in the post it reads as bad..Her quote is lovely..."Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future." Robert Schuller
Thank you Quiltbirdie, sorry your comment did not post.

So, if YOU didn't see your post, Blogger did it!  The only thing I can see is the use of amperstands (the and symbol) One showed in her comment and I noticed it in a few others from older posts.

I do apologize for the delay in naming the winner... No internet for hours Tuesday, gone all day to Moda Wednesday and appointments and errands yesterday.

Now, it's almost time for Thanksgiving!  One week from today.  gobble gobble
Can you believe it!  If I don't post before then, please have a Happy Thanksgiving!  Let us remember the HOPE the Pilgrims had have to begin their journey to The New World and the gratitude they had for survival.

Again thank you all for your posts.  If I don't hear from Edie, I'll select an alternate.

~Until next time,
Betsy

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous line. And the picked quote is good for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Betsy, I never win anything! I did not think my comment was even published because it just completely disappeared, so I'm trying again, hoping you get this message. I also tried your email, but Windows has done something with the live mail program that I don't know how to fix. My email is ilove_2quilt@yahoo.com Thank you so very much, and sorry to cause so much trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Edie. And, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Wendy - Congratulations to Edie and wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "One Stitch at a Time"! :-) Love it!
    Congrats to Edie and a very Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please telll me how I can order a bundle so that I can enjoy being a Blockhead, too.

    ReplyDelete