Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Moda BlockHeads 2 starts TODAY

So. It’s been a while...I think the last time I blogged was in February??  I planned a blogging break, but truly not this long! So what’s been going on? I’ve been teaching and traveling, a lot. Amazing places, wonderful students, meeting new friends, traveling with great friends. Alabama, East Texas, France, Portland, Oregon and Seattle area. Fun times with family birthday parties
 and beautiful memories all around.
Now that I’m back from Quilt Market and teaching in Washington state, 
it’s time for BlockHeads 2 to begin.

Here is our first block by
Lynne Hagmeier of Kansas Troubles


12" finished block
block measures 12 1/2"

Please go to Lynne’s blog for the pattern. Click on the link.
http://kansastroublesquilters-lynne.blogspot.com/

This is my palette. Mostly Evelyn's Homestead with the addition of a little red from Grace's Garden and my market line, Harriet's Handwork (October delivery) Some fabrics may be added and some others may not be used, but this is the general idea for this year.

We have made a few changes for BH2...first thing you will notice is bigger blocks.  
This week it is a 12" block.  
The smallest block we will have is 6".
We have a Basic Instruction sheet you will want to print for your BlockHeads 2 folder.

No extra 3" blocks from me this time.

This year, the original six designers have invited a friend to join the group. Each one of us will be introducing our invitee today. And, each of us will blog 4 times (on our specific day for our 4 blocks), since there are more of us.  I plan to blog as much as possible besides my designated days 
and so will many of the other designers.
Moda's blog, The Cutting Table, will have far more information than what I've shared here, so be sure to read it each week. Links will be there for the designers and everything else. 

You can find me easily each Wednesday, barring some internet glitche when I'm traveling, on Instagram @betsy_chutchian and on Facebook Betsy Reed Chutchian

Here is the Link to our Facebook Moda BlockHeads  https://www.facebook.com/groups/253867175058745/
You will want to join if you haven’t already to see the blocks everyone makes.

My Invitee...

I invited Stacy Iest Hsu. Do you know Stacy? Stacy is a wonderful Moda designer, who besides designing pretty fabrics, designs adorable soft dolls for you to make. Stacy lives in California with her husband and 3 children. You will enjoy getting to know Stacy! https://www.instagram.com/stacyiesthsu/

Thank you ALL for participating in BlockHeads 1 and now for joining us for BlockHeads 2.
Have fun making these blocks with me and my friends.

Until next time,
Betsy

8 comments:

  1. I was sad that Moda web site has no info about Stacy or her fabrics beyond her name. Great to "catch up" on what you have been doing. 2 here we go......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was able to get into the Instagram link - I don't do Instagram - and saw Stacy's things.... lots of Pink. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great block and I plan to make 3 mini blocks each week ... wish me luck;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hildy, good luck with the minis! I'll be anxious to see what you make.

      Delete
  4. I was sad to see that you won't be posting a mini block for us this time, Betsy - but totally understand. I hope you saw my hand quilted and recently completed red/brown/cream quilt from your mini blocks on the Moda Blockheads Facebook page. Thank you, Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy, where can I find your setting for Blockheads 1? Thought I had printed it off but now can't find it. Making my little stars now and need to know how many to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is in a post back in February, the 17th I think.

      Delete