Wednesday, June 20, 2018

BlockHeads Block 3 and MORE

Hello Wednesday! It is Moda BlockHeads 2 week 3 with Carrie Nelson's block Pennsylvania.  Fun, fast and easy.  So easy that like last week, I've made two!  No this isn't a 'design' plan, rather it's more of a 'Betsy can't make up her mind' plan.
I'm also going to do little catch up.  Last week, I had my own computer issues and couldn't get a blog post out.  This week, I'm writing a post Tuesday night and crossing my fingers it will work....

First block...


Second block...

6" block

Click HERE for Carrie's block via The Cutting Table aka Moda blog.

Blocks 1, 2, 3....


 Molly. Because she is impatient....
and because you haven't seen here in a while...meow
I like a quilt at the foot of the bed, even in the summer, and Molly helped me choose.
Molly is on Wildflower Meadow in my lovely Quilts for all Seasons book.

Choices for block 3...

Last week's 2nd block...

 Last week's first block...

We will be making different size blocks this time.  I think the variety in sizes is fun.  
Hope you do too.

Below, I've printed the names of each of this years designers with the link to their blog or, if they do not have a blog, to their Instagram account. Most of us have both and all are members of the Moda Block Heads Facebook group. Please visit each of these talented designers to see their blocks and whatever news or fun stuff they have to share.

Just yesterday (Monday) I had the pleasure of speaking to the Stitching Memories Quilt Guild in Duncan, Oklahoma.  They endured my allergies and cough, and cried with me as I spoke on my favorite topic Lizzie's Legacy. What a great group of ladies! As I was thanking them for inviting me, I apologized for getting so emotional.  One sweet lady said 'not to apologize, you were real.'  Wow. Thank you.  That's me, and Lizzie.  So much in common with a woman I know only through her Journals.  Thank you for trusting me with your legacy, Lizzie Carpenter, my great great grandmother.

Next Monday, I'll travel to Springfield, Missouri to speak and teach for the Ozark Piecemakers Guild. Program is 19th Century Patchwork Divas.  I doubt I will cry during that program, but you never know.  LOL 
I'll be gone when it's time to blog and I can't do it from my phone, nor iPad, but I'll post my blocks Wednesday on Instagram  @betsy_chutchian and in the Facebook group.

Until next time,
~ Betsy


2018 BlockHeads 2

Betsy Chutchian
Brigitte Heitland - Zen Chic
Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
Jan Patek
Jo Morton
Laurie Simpson
Lisa Bongean
Lynne Hagmeier
Me and My Sister Designs Barbara Groves and Mary Jacobson
Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
Stacy Iest Hsu
Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
Carrie Nelson

1 comment: