Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Week 34 House, designed by Jan Patek

Hello everyone...wish me luck, as it is time to go to Market.  It is always SO much fun to see everyone and not so much fun to PACK!

I'm introducing Evelyn's Homestead, a pretty group dated 1880-1900.  I have absolutely loved working with this line.  Be sure to watch my posts on Instagram, maybe Facebook, to see the quilts and more!  At least that is the plan.  I get caught up in the excitement and forget to take photos!

Here we go with our Question of the Week... LOL!  With Quilt Market on the horizon, what is the best part about going to Market? What is the worst part about it - is there a worst part for you?  Ok, I obviously did not read the question in advance!!!  See above paragraphs!  There are many good parts, and one especially bad part and that is not being home for Halloween.  I miss passing out candy and seeing the kids dressed up. And I really miss trick or treating with Madison and now Reed for his first Halloween.  If there is one thing I would change for Fall Market, it would be timing.





Click here for Jan's Pattern


Don't tell but my parts are only glued down...time ran out, but I will have it to stitch on in Houston!

3" mini Penny

I had some scraps near the machine and put this together, even though nothing about is says 'house'!
Cut the following:
Center square 2"
for Geese, cut 1 - 2 7/8" square
for sky, cut  4 - 1 3/4" squares
for HSTs cut from light and dark, 2 - 1 3/4" square of each
Make no waste flying geese as detailed in my post 2 weeks ago.
Trim each geese unit to 1 1/4" x 2" ( 3/4" x 1 1/2" finished)
Trim HSTs to 1 1/4" square
  
Enjoy stitching this week!
I'm preparing next week's blog post in advance.  Fingers crossed that it posts correctly.

Please visit our other designers to see what they have made.  Links below.

Until next time, 
~ Betsy

1 comment: