Wednesday, January 15, 2020

And Sew We Begin...BlockHeads 3

Hi everyone, today's the day...BlockHeads 3!


Are you ready??

We have a few changes this year and are urging everyone to visit each designer each week. When you print your patterns from each designer's blog or website, you will notice 3-4 different sizes of blocks. You choose the size you wish to make...and you can change to a different size each week, if you like.  So many options! This year will be so much fun! Make the blocks in your favorite fabrics...I'm going to make a scrappy version using my Susanna's Scraps,  Sarah's Story and Nancy's Needle that is coming in March.  Enjoy this sewing journey. A few setting options may be available soon, but you don't have to use them. Some designers will be creating their own layouts also....ha ha, not me! I will wait until I see how things are shaping up. Don't wait on me.  I'll be inspired by the fabrics and want time to play with the blocks.  I can't wait to see what you all make.

Be sure to visit the Moda BlockHeads Facebook group for postings of blocks that members have made. 

Here is my version of Block 1
from Corey Yoder

Star Chain


I chose to make a 12" block, but it would be great in any size.
 Fabrics this time, are from Sarah's Story.

Thank you Corey!

Click Here for the link to Corey's blog and pattern and tips


I enjoyed making Star Chain, and I'm sure you will too!

Please visit all the designer's below to see their versions.

Thanks for visiting me!

Until next time
~Betsy



3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to use Sarah's Story for my block this week! Yours is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Though I have a FQ bundle of Sarah's Story, I am excited to get the starter bundle from you as well, because it has fabrics from some of your other lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely block—your fabrics really shine! ❤️

    ReplyDelete